- The Sonnenberg-Kreis e. V. offers educational conferences and seminars for adults, young people, families, organisations and commercial enterprises and conducts these on its own account or in cooperation with partners.
- Generally conferences are open to all people; however, in the interests of ensuring a successful conference and taking account of antidiscrimination practice, participation may be subject to certain conditions. If these are not fulfilled, participation may be refused. Domestic animals are not allowed.
- It is normally necessary for participants to make a firm commitment to attend through prior registration. This can be done in writing, by telephone, fax, e-mail or internet website. Applications are treated in the order they are received. Participants will receive binding confirmation of their participation, with details of the conference fee to be paid and of the payment methods. Once this has occurred a binding contract is regarded as having been made.
- The conference fee (price) given in the description of the programme is to be transferred, stating conference number and dates, to one of the bank accounts named by the Sonnenberg-Kreis e. V.For group bookings, billing takes place at the end of the conference. The bill is payable immediately upon receipt. Sonnenberg-Kreis e. V. may request the payment of a deposit before the conference.
- If different prices are mentioned, the lower price applies to school pupils, students, apprentices, those doing military or civilian service as well as those unemployed on presentation of suitable proof. Children pay according to age in accordance with the prices advertised.
- What is included in the conference fee is stated in the relevant conference programme description. There are no repayments if a particular service is not used. We reserve the right to amend prices if increased costs occur.
- Cancellation free of charge – or for group bookings the report of a smaller number of participants than originally stated – is possible up to six weeks before the start of the conference.
After that date, cancellation charges apply as follows:
Up to 4 weeks before arrival 25% of the conference fee
Up to 2 weeks before arrival 50% of the conference fee
Up to 1 week before arrival 75% of the conference fee.
Thereafter 100% of the conference fee is payable in every case.
If participants are unable to attend, they may be replaced by alternative participants, providing all other conditions are fulfilled. The visitor retains the right to demonstrate to Sonnenberg-Kreis e. V. that the actual financial damage caused is less than the amount charged. We therefore strongly recommend that participants take out an insurance policy against cancellation.
- Participants are required to fill in the standardised participation lists giving the information required fully and correctly as well as providing their signature. These lists are necessary as proof of participation for those giving financial support or sponsorship. Almost every conference offered is supported by public and/or private sources.
- Visitors undertake to treat the House, its fixtures and fittings and existing communal areas with appropriate care. Damage to the premises or fixtures and fittings must be reported to our local staff immediately. Visitors are personally responsible for making good any damage they have caused. If you do not possess private liability insurance, we recommend that you take out a travel liability insurance policy.
- Any objects forgotten or lost will be kept where they were found for a 6-month period. If the visitor does not arrange within this period for the forgotten/lost item to be returned at his or her own expense or does not collect it in person, the item will be deemed to have been abandoned and to be at the IHS’s disposal. No claims for damages made by the visitor after expiry of the 6-month period can be accepted
- Sonnenberg-Kreis e. V. may with good cause withdraw from this contract. Good cause includes, for example, force majeure, non-achievement of the minimum number of participants, negative impacts on the safety and/or health of visitors during the conference or illness of staff who cannot be replaced. Claims for damages for these reasons are thus excluded.
- Any deviations from these General Terms and Conditions must be made in writing.